Are you prepared for yet one more superb Formidable Kitchen muffin recipe? I simply can’t cease.
These wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins had been initially revealed again in 2015 and I nonetheless can’t recover from how a lot I like them. To be sincere, I utterly forgot they had been on the location till I observed just a few of you making them and leaving feedback about how a lot you adored the recipe.
Since then, I’ve shared these a few occasions as a result of they’re simply SO DANG GOOD.
As you most likely know by now, I really like baking with zucchini (try all my zucchini recipes!) Usually the zucchini gives sufficient moisture to chop most extra fats in half and add additional fiber and vitamin. ME LIKEY. Once I first made these years in the past I made Tony strive one earlier than he left for work sooner or later. He referred to as me 5 minutes later to inform me how scrumptious they had been (even with the zucchini!) so you recognize these are a must-make.
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-Guide
Enroll beneath and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my finest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
Substances in blueberry zucchini muffins
These wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins are pure gold amongst muffins. They’re completely moist, naturally sweetened, and naturally, pack sneaky veggies! Right here’s what you’ll have to make them:
- Flour: the bottom of those muffins is made with complete wheat pastry flour. You need to use white complete wheat flour as effectively!
- Zucchini: shredded zucchini provides moisture to those superb muffins and a sneaky veggie! Make sure that to squeeze it of extra moisture earlier than you add it to the batter.
- Sweetener: we’re naturally sweetening these muffins with pure maple syrup. You’ll additionally add cinnamon, vanilla extract and almond extract for the right taste enhance.
- Baking staples: you’ll want baking soda and salt to assist them bake up correctly.
- For moisture: we’re additionally including a bit of olive oil, applesauce and almond milk in order that the muffins are completely moist.
- Egg: you’ll want 1 egg to carry these infants collectively.
- Blueberries: for bursts of blueberry taste in each chunk!
Advisable ingredient swaps
As at all times, I like to recommend sticking with the recipe the most effective you could in order that it seems completely each time. Right here’s what I can counsel making an attempt for these muffins:
- To make vegan: be happy to strive swapping the common egg for a flax egg — discover ways to make one right here! I haven’t examined this, so let me know in the event you do.
- To make gluten free: I’d counsel making an attempt out an all objective gluten free flour, chickpea flour or oat flour to make gluten free blueberry zucchini muffins. Discover ways to make oat flour right here. I haven’t tried it, however please report again in the event you do.
- For the applesauce: I believe 1 mashed ripe banana would additionally work instead of the applesauce. Alternatively, you may use my selfmade apple butter!
Customise your blueberry zucchini muffins
Have enjoyable including your fav mix-ins and toppings! I counsel:
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Orange or lemon zest for a citrus twist
- Poppy seeds for crunch
- A yummy lemon glaze like on this recipe
- A drizzle of selfmade nut butter on prime
Utilizing frozen blueberries?
I like to recommend thawing the blueberries and draining off the surplus liquid in order that they don’t add additional liquid to your batter. You possibly can then toss them in a bit of little bit of flour earlier than including them to the batter in order that they don’t dye your muffins blue!
make blueberry zucchini muffins
- Prep your pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F, line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners, and spray the insides of the liners. This ensures that the muffins is not going to persist with the liners or the pan.
- Combine the dry components. In a big bowl mix the dry components: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; put aside.
- Make the batter. In a separate medium bowl, combine the entire moist components collectively till effectively mixed. Add the dry components to moist components and blend till simply mixed. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide & bake. Evenly distribute batter amongst muffin tins, filling about 3/4 of the way in which full, and bake them up. Allow them to cool on a wire rack, after which get pleasure from!
Don’t overlook the following pointers when baking with zucchini
- Use the small aspect of your grater so that you just get little shreds of zucchini. Nobody will be capable to inform there’s a veggie of their brownies!
- Squeeze out your zucchini shreds as a lot as attainable to get the entire extra liquid out.
- Measure the shreds earlier than you squeeze the moisture out.
- Be at liberty to shred a bunch of zucchini and freeze it for later! Observe my ideas and methods right here.
Freezer-friendly blueberry zucchini muffins
Sure, these wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins are freezer-friendly! Merely wrap muffins individually in freezer-safe baggage or retailer them in a big freezer bag. Whenever you’re able to get pleasure from them, reheat for 30-45 seconds within the microwave or just thaw them at room temperature.
Extra zucchini baked items to strive
Get all of my zucchini recipes right here, and all of my muffin recipes right here!
I hope you like these wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins! For those who make them I’d love so that you can go away a remark and ranking letting me understand how you favored them. Get pleasure from xo!
Good Morning Wholesome Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
Wholesome blueberry zucchini muffins made additional moist due to zucchini and applesauce! These simple blueberry zucchini muffins are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup as a substitute of sugar. Nice for snacking & freezer-friendly, too!
white complete wheat flour or complete wheat pastry flour
shredded zucchini, squeezed of extra moisture with a paper towel
pure maple syrup (or honey)
olive oil (or sub melted butter)
unsweetened applesauce (or apple butter)
unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
contemporary or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin liners. Both means I like to recommend utilizing nonstick cooking spray. This ensures that they muffins is not going to persist with the liners or the pan.
In a big bowl mix the dry components: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; put aside.
In a separate medium bowl, add the next moist components: shredded zucchini, pure maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract, olive oil, applesauce, egg and milk; combine till effectively mixed. Add dry components to moist components and blend till simply mixed. Gently fold in blueberries.
Even distribute batter amongst muffin tins, filling about 3/4 of the way in which full. Bake for 22-Half-hour or till toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clear. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes then take away muffins and switch to wire rack to complete cooling. Makes 12 muffins.
See the complete put up for ideas, methods & freezing directions.
To make vegan: Use a flax egg as a substitute of a daily egg.
To make gluten free: I like to recommend subbing all objective gluten free flour, chickpea flour or oat flour. Please observe that I have not examined them with a gluten free sub, so cannot be sure they may work.
Out of applesauce? I believe 1 mashed banana would work effectively.
Servings: 12 muffins
Serving dimension: 1 muffin
Recipe initially revealed August 2015, republished April 2020, republished August 2022, and republished with new pictures April sixth, 2023.