This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please learn my disclosure.
This simple vegan fondue recipe will rapidly develop into a brand new favourite. It’s the finest consolation meals for the winter months however scrumptious anytime of yr. It’s creamy, versatile, and loaded with taste. One of the best half? This wholesome fondue solely takes half-hour of energetic time to make and is a complete crowd pleaser!
Consuming fondue is such a enjoyable expertise, however oftentimes there are not any vegan choices if you exit to eat! And when there are, it’s normally a further value to get the vegan model.
I needed to make a straightforward recipe that anybody might make from the comforts of their very own residence. It’s good for cozy date nights, festive vacation events, or fancy dinner events! Whether or not you’re vegan or simply love making an attempt new issues, this vegan fondue is a successful recipe.
Many melted cheese dishes and fondues will go away you in a meals coma, however this non dairy fondue is made with healthful, clear elements. You’ll really feel completely glad and satiated!
Pair with all your favourite issues and hold studying for recommendations on vegetarian fondue dippers and different veggie fondue concepts! You’ll be amazed at what number of methods you’ll be able to get pleasure from this scrumptious recipe. With a couple of easy swaps, you’ll be able to even make this into a tremendous chocolate fondue deal with! The probabilities are limitless.
👩🏽🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Enjoyable approach to eat extra veggies
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Tremendous versatile!
- Infinite vegan fondue concepts for dipping
- Might be made nut-free
- Prepared in half-hour!
- More healthy than restaurant fondue
- One of the best vegan cheese fondue recipe!
Newest Recipe Video!
Make this simple vegan cheese fondue with easy plant-based elements. When you have bother discovering any of the objects, try your native well being meals retailer! Hold scrolling to the underside of the submit to see the recipe card with a full elements checklist.
- Uncooked Cashews & Potato: Soaked cashews and one potato are the bottom to this vegan cheese fondue. Each assist to offer this sauce its thick, creamy texture. I like to make use of a russet potato, however different varieties would work effective too. For a easy hack, you should utilize unsweetened, unsalted cashew butter to avoid wasting time. Attempt swapping candy potato for the common potato as a enjoyable twist!
- Vegetable Inventory & Dry White Wine: The vegetable inventory and white wine will assist the cashews and potato mix right into a creamy base. The white wine additionally provides taste, however be sure it’s vegan, as many wines are usually not! You may skip this ingredient and use extra vegetable broth should you desire.
- Lemon Juice: You may also use apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar so as to add a contact of acidity to the vegetarian fondue.
- Almond Milk: Any plant-based milk is okay for this recipe, however almond milk or soy milk will give probably the most impartial taste. You should utilize coconut milk, however you could style a touch of coconut taste.
- Dietary Yeast: The dietary yeast not solely provides an ideal tacky taste, it additionally accommodates wholesome vitamins like vitamin b12.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil provides a wholesome fats to this vegetarian cheese fondue, and makes it creamier!
- Dried Garlic & Onion Flakes: Garlic and onion add a scrumptious savory taste to the vegan fondue. You may also use common garlic powder and onion powder, if you have already got that readily available! Chop up garlic cloves for probably the most recent, daring style.
- Tapioca Flour: The tapioca flour helps to thicken the sauce and get it to the proper fondue consistency. You would additionally use cornstarch or arrowroot. To maintain this as a gluten free cheese fondue, keep away from utilizing all-purpose or wheat flour.
- Candy White Miso Paste: Utilizing white miso helps to offer a pop of umami taste. It has a candy but salty richness that pairs nicely on this tasty dip.
- Turmeric Powder, Salt & Black Pepper: The turmeric provides further taste, in addition to pure coloring. It’s going to give this lactose free fondue a pleasant golden yellow hue. And don’t skip the salt & pepper! It’s important to including taste and enhancing the style of this non cheese fondue.
Making home made vegan fondue just isn’t as intimidating as it might appear, even when it’s your first time! Yow will discover the total recipe down beneath should you want additional directions, however right here is the easy step-by-step with photographs to information you.
Soak The Cashews: Soak the cashews in room temperature water for two hours or in a single day.
Boil The Potato: Boil the peeled and diced potato in a small saucepan over medium warmth or excessive warmth. As soon as delicate, drain and put aside.
Mix Elements: Drain the soaked cashews and add to a high-speed blender together with all different elements. Mix on excessive for 3-4 minutes or till clean.
Warmth The Combination: Switch to a medium pot and warmth on a low to medium-low warmth, stirring constantly till thickened and stretchy, for about 5 minutes. Modify seasoning to style.
When the combination is prepared, it’ll coat the stirring spoon like this:
Serve: Serve instantly or switch the fondue to a melting pot to maintain heat.
💭 Skilled Ideas
- Hold it heat with a fondue pot or just serve instantly from a serving dish. This can guarantee it stays the proper creamy consistency.
- Stir constantly. For finest outcomes, be sure to stir constantly when heating to forestall the fondue from burning or sticking to the underside of the pot.
- Don’t skip soaking the cashews. The longer the cashews are soaked the smoother and creamier the fondue can be. I like to recommend soaking them in a single day should you can, it cuts your energetic time down to only half-hour to make this recipe!
- Use a good-quality plant-based milk. Select a plant-based milk that has a creamy texture and gentle taste, like unsweetened soy milk or almond milk. Keep away from utilizing sweetened or flavored milk.
- Put together dippers forward of time. To avoid wasting time and guarantee you’re having fun with this tacky fondue recent and scorching, prep meals objects and veggies to dip in fondue prior to creating the sauce.
- Vegan Chocolate Fondue: Flip this vegan fondue recipe right into a chocolate dessert! Miss the savory elements and simply use cashews, potato, 1 ½ cup almond milk, olive oil or coconut oil, tapioca flour, and a pinch of salt as your base. Add in cacao powder, cocoa powder, or melted vegan chocolate. You may also add a splash of vanilla extract should you’d like. Chocolate fondue is a good way to raise a cocktail party or New Yr’s Eve celebration. Additionally it is very romantic for a date evening.
- Spicy Fondue: Spice issues up by including in chopped jalapeno, cayenne pepper, crimson pepper flakes, chopped chili pepper, or scorching sauce. Add in slowly, and style to achieve the proper degree of spice.
- Different Fondue Combine-Ins: Subsequent time you make this dairy free fondue, strive including in different mix-ins like caramelized onions, dijon mustard, or vegan mozzarella!
- Make It Nut Free: Substitute the cashews with chickpeas or white beans for a nut free, dairy free cheese fondue! Chickpea fondue is equally scrumptious and you’ll nonetheless get that creamy consistency.
🍽️ How To Serve Vegan Fondue
Vegan fondue is so versatile and could be served with so many various meals. You should utilize a fondue fork, skewer, or perhaps a common fork. Right here is my information to the perfect veggies for fondue and different vegan fondue concepts!
Fruits And Veggies For Cheese Fondue
- Recent carrot sticks
- Air fryer carrots
- Apple slices
- Bell pepper slices
- Jicama fries
- Vegan roasted potatoes (In case you are questioning tips on how to put together potatoes for fondue dipping, I like to recommend roasted potatoes or boiled child potatoes)
- Broccoli & cauliflower
- Inexperienced beans
- Roasted zucchini
- Sauteed veggies (Use a big skillet and olive oil to saute veggies)
Different Cheese Fondue Accompaniments
Meal Pairings With Cashew Fondue
Vegan fondue could be made with quite a lot of elements. Standard selections embrace soaked cashews, potatoes, chickpeas, white beans, vegan cheeses, or a mixture of two or three of those! So as to add a tacky taste dietary yeast is often added.
In the case of fondue, you’ll be able to strive any cheese you’d like! For a spicy fondue, you should utilize pepper jack cheese. For those who desire a distinct taste, strive making swiss cheese fondue! In case you are lactose illiberal, you can also make a lactose free cheese fondue. Most cheeses have a vegan various, making it simple to search out your required tacky taste no matter dietary wants.
For those who comply with the recipe, this could end in a really creamy fondue. For those who skip the soaking course of for the cashews, the fondue won’t be as creamy. Remember to additionally warmth the sauce till it thickens. For those who don’t wait lengthy sufficient, it might be a soupy consistency.
Fondue could be gluten free, nevertheless it’s not at all times made gluten free. It is because some fondue recipes use flour and butter to thicken them – just like a roux. When you have a gluten sensitivity be sure to at all times examine if the fondue you’re ordering or making is gluten free. Fortunately this vegan fondue recipe makes use of tapioca flour which is gluten free!
Do you know there are guidelines for fondue etiquette? When having fun with fondue or internet hosting a vegan fondue social gathering, you could wish to go over some easy guidelines first:
1. Remember to by no means double dip since it’s a shared dish.
2. Keep away from placing the fork on to your mouth. It’s best apply to slip the dipped merchandise onto your plate and use a separate fork to eat.
3. Keep away from dipping uncooked meats, because the cheese just isn’t scorching sufficient to cook dinner the meat.
4. Attempt your finest to not drop dippers into the pot.
To retailer, let the fondue cool to room temperature. Place in an hermetic container within the fridge and retailer for as much as 4 days. To reheat leftover vegan fondue the subsequent day, warmth over a low warmth whereas constantly stirring. If it’s slightly too thick you’ll be able to add slightly water or inventory to skinny it right down to desired consistency.
🍲 Extra Straightforward Dip Recipes!
Love this vegan recipe? Please go away a 5-star ranking 🌟 within the recipe beneath and/or a evaluation within the feedback part additional down the web page!
You may also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see extra scrumptious, wholesome, family-friendly meals, and in case you have any questions, I’m right here to assist!
📋 Recipe Card
This simple vegan fondue recipe will rapidly develop into a brand new favourite. It’s the finest consolation meals for the winter months however scrumptious anytime of yr. It’s creamy, versatile, and loaded with taste. One of the best half? This wholesome fondue solely takes half-hour to make and is a complete crowd pleaser!
- White wine could be substituted with extra vegetable inventory if most popular.
- Diced bread, vegan meat options, boiled diced potatoes, steamed broccoli, olives and even carrots can all be used to dip on this scrumptious fondue.
- Use a fondue set to maintain heat or serve instantly from a serving dish.
- Fondue could be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- To make this nut free, substitute the cashews with the equal quantity of chickpeas.
- Be certain to stir constantly when heating to forestall the fondue from burning.
- The longer the cashews are soaked the smoother and creamier the fondue can be.
- To reheat left over fondue: Warmth over a low warmth whereas constantly stirring. If it’s slightly too thick you’ll be able to add slightly water or inventory to skinny it right down to desired consistency.
Serving: 0.25cup | Energy: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 7g | Sodium: 491mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g