Does anybody else agree that pears are one of the underrated fruits on the market? SO JUICY, SO SWEET. SO FABULOUS. Anybody else keep in mind my fabulous juicy pear crisp? YUM.
Anyway, I used to eat pears on a regular basis as a child; now I discover myself shopping for them for my kiddos, who love them simply as a lot. Sadly, they ripen rapidly so I’ve to seek out methods to take pleasure in them earlier than they flip to mush.
As soon as once more, a few years again, I confronted this dilemma on a wild Friday night time in. I noticed ripe pears sitting on my counter and figured I’d throw them in a easy, but fabulous oatmeal bake that your entire household might devour the following day. Wow, simply wow — it turned out insanely good. A touch of brown butter caramel taste, a lot of vanilla, and juicy candy pears in each chunk.
This brown butter pear baked oatmeal is simple to make and actually the proper breakfast or brunch! Serve it up for Thanksgiving breakfast — you’ll want the gas for all of that cooking and I promise you’re going to like it!
What you’ll must make this pear baked oatmeal
This simple pear baked oatmeal is extremely easy to make and makes use of a lot of pantry staples for a fast breakfast. Plus, you’ll get the coziest flavors from juicy pears, cinnamon, caramel-like brown butter and vanilla. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Butter: you’ll want some butter, after all, to make that wealthy brown butter for the oatmeal. We’re solely utilizing 1/4 cup within the recipe to offer it that caramel-like taste and preserve it additional moist.
- Eggs: this baked oatmeal recipe makes use of 2 eggs. I haven’t tried with flax eggs, however let me know in the event you do.
- Sweetener: we’re utilizing a bit of pure maple syrup, vanilla & cinnamon to offer it that deliciously candy vanilla taste.
- Milk: I like to make use of unsweetened almond milk on this recipe, however you should utilize any milk you’d like. Coconut milk could be fabulous!
- Oats: as a result of it’s baked oatmeal, after all! Please you’ll want to use quaint rolled oats, not metal lower or fast oats, on this recipe.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some baking powder & salt.
- Pears: the juicy pears actually make this baked oatmeal particular. I like Bartlett pears for one of the best texture.
- Elective: I like including diced walnuts or pecans for a bit of crunch, too!
The right way to inform when a pear is ripe
It may be troublesome to inform when a pear is completely ripe, however listed below are my greatest ideas: apply a barely stress to the fruit, close to the stem. Whether it is barely mushy, then it’s excellent for consuming or utilizing in a recipe. I don’t suggest consuming or utilizing in recipes if the pear continues to be exhausting. At all times retailer your pears on the counter (or at room temperature!).
Ought to I peel the pears earlier than including them?
No want! You may slice the pears as-is, nevertheless, be happy to peel them first in the event you choose them that manner.
The right way to brown butter
The brown butter provides such an unbelievable taste to this oatmeal bake and is less complicated to make than you assume! Get all of my ideas and methods for browning butter in this publish and prepare so as to add it to actually the whole lot.
Elective ingredient swaps
- To maintain this baked oatmeal dairy free: you should utilize vegan butter or melted coconut oil as an alternative of actual butter. Nonetheless, don’t attempt browning both of these choices, because it won’t work.
- To make gluten free: you’ll want to use gluten free rolled oats in the event you’d prefer to make this recipe gluten free.
- Don’t have pears available? As an alternative of pears, apples would even be a scrumptious choice. I all the time go for Honeycrisp as they’re good, candy and juicy!
Can I make this pear oatmeal bake vegan?
I haven’t examined a vegan model of this pear oatmeal bake however you may attempt utilizing a flax egg or two! I believe it ought to work nicely, however please let me know within the feedback.
Remember to additionally use melted coconut oil or vegan butter as an alternative of normal butter.
Great pear baked oatmeal in 5 easy steps
- Prep your pan. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
- Brown that butter. Similar to within the directions above!
- Combine the moist. Add all the moist components to a big bowl and blend nicely.
- Add the dry. Then combine in all the dry components, stirring within the pears and brown butter final.
- Bake & take pleasure in! Pour the pear baked oatmeal combination into your ready pan, high with nuts in the event you’d like, and bake till set! Minimize into 6 slices for breakfast.
The right way to retailer & reheat baked oatmeal
- Within the fridge: make sure the pear baked oatmeal has fully cooled, after which cowl your 9×9 inch pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It’ll keep good coated within the fridge for 3-4 days, and you’ll reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds. You too can retailer particular person slices in hermetic containers for fast, on-the-go breakfasts.
- To freeze: as soon as the pear oatmeal bake has fully cooled, lower it into 6 squares and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. If you’re able to eat it, place the unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave secure dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. In case you’d prefer to freeze your entire baked oatmeal for later, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s coated with tinfoil.
Extra breakfast recipes you’ll love
Get all of my scrumptious breakfast recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this superb vanilla brown butter pear baked oatmeal recipe! In case you make it you’ll want to depart a remark & a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo.
Vanilla Brown Butter Pear Baked Oatmeal
Great vanilla brown butter pear baked oatmeal with hints of cinnamon and candy pears in each chunk. This simple pear oatmeal bake is stuffed with warming flavors and makes the proper winter breakfast or brunch!
- Moist components:
- ¼ cup butter*
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of alternative)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dry components:
- 2 cups quaint rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 small to medium ripe bartlett pears, diced (about 1 ½ cups diced pears)
- ¼ cup finely diced walnuts (or sub pecans)
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9x9 inch pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
*First, brown your butter: add butter to a small saucepan and place over medium warmth. As soon as melted, the butter will start to crackle, after which finally foam. This may take a couple of minutes. Be sure you whisk always throughout this course of. After a few minutes, the butter will start to brown and switch a pleasant golden amber coloration on the underside of the saucepan. Proceed to whisk and take away from warmth as quickly because the butter begins to brown and provides off a nutty aroma. Put aside to chill for five minutes.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, pure maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract.
Add the dry components to the bowl with the moist components: oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Combine till mixed, then stir in diced pears and at last, the browned butter.
Pour combination into the ready pan and easy high. Sprinkle the highest with chopped walnuts, if utilizing. Bake for 35-45 minutes or till the perimeters are barely golden brown and heart is ready. Take away from the oven, permit to chill for 10 minutes, then lower into 6 slices and serve.
Serving: 1serving (based mostly on 6)Energy: 293calCarbohydrates: 35.9gProtein: 6.6gFats: 15.3gSaturated Fats: 5.5gFiber: 5gSugar: 15.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially printed on February 3, 2021, republished on November 4, 2021, and republished on November 1st, 2023.