I’ve realized that having a meal plan is crucial while you’re loopy busy in life, and that fast, simple meals are a lifesaver. I do know these of you who’re mother and father, career-focused, or at school really feel the very same method, which is without doubt one of the the reason why I really like sharing simple one pan dinners — together with this one pan honey mustard rooster!
I made this for Tony and me on a whim one night time a number of years in the past primarily based on what was in my fridge and pantry and it was freakin’ delish. All you need to do is throw some rooster, veggies and potatoes onto a baking sheet, toss it with a candy do-it-yourself honey mustard marinade sauce (infused with slightly curry powder + cayenne for warmth!) after which roast to perfection.
Straightforward, easy, scrumptious, flavorful, distinctive, filled with taste AND solely takes half-hour to prepare dinner all on one pan! What extra may you need in a dinner?!
What’s on this one pan honey mustard rooster recipe?
Regardless of the size of the title, this sheet pan rooster recipe is easy, simple and naturally, completely scrumptious. To make all of it you’ll want is:
- Boneless skinless rooster thighs: I discover rooster thighs to be essentially the most flavorful and juicy in comparison with rooster breasts and prepare dinner completely with the greens, however be at liberty to make use of rooster breasts should you’d like.
- Potatoes: I really like the buttery taste of yukon gold potatoes for this sheet pan dinner, however you can even use candy potatoes should you want.
- Carrots: be at liberty to make use of common, giant carrots or get slightly fancy with smaller rainbow heirloom carrots. Yum!
- Yellow onion: for scrumptious sweetness and slightly zing.
- Brussels sprouts: is there something higher than completely roasted brussels sprouts? These get deliciously caramelized with the sauce and add some inexperienced to your sheet pan rooster dinner.
- For kickin’ curry honey mustard sauce: you’ll use honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, curry powder, and a little bit of cayenne pepper (should you like slightly warmth). The curry powder provides an unimaginable, distinctive taste that kicks up this conventional honey mustard sauce. In case you’re not a fan of curry, skip it — the sauce is scrumptious with or with out it.
Customise this one pan meal
This simple one pan honey mustard rooster recipe is nice for customizing together with your fav veggies and proteins! Listed below are some recommendations:
- Strive a brand new protein: be at liberty to make use of salmon and even shrimp instead of the rooster! I’d suggest cooking seafood on a separate sheet pan from the veggies as they take much less time to prepare dinner. You can additionally grill your salmon utilizing this tutorial!
- Swap your veggies: this recipe can be scrumptious with candy potatoes, bell pepper, broccoli, and cauliflower. No matter greens your coronary heart needs.
- Add a grain: attempt including your favourite grain to this recipe and make 6 servings for the week! I feel this honey mustard rooster can be scrumptious with quinoa, rice, couscous and even cauliflower rice for a decrease carb choice.
Ideas for making sheet pan recipes
- Preserve all the things in a single layer. Make certain to not overcrowd your pan! When you have veggies sitting on high of one another likelihood is they are going to prepare dinner erratically. Make sure to use a sheet pan that’s good and huge in order that all the things has a spot, or break up your components into two smaller sheet pans.
- Reduce your veggies good and thick. These infants might be roasting for round half-hour, so ensure your veggies aren’t sliced too skinny. I counsel 1-inch in your potatoes and 1/2 inch for carrots.
- Flip and rotate midway by means of. I counsel rotating your pan midway by means of and likewise flipping your veggies to make sure even cooking.
The right meal prep dinner
Considered one of my favourite elements about sheet pan dinners is that they’re excellent for feeding the entire household or meal prepping for 1-2 folks for the week. To meal prep this recipe merely:
- Let the rooster and greens cool utterly
- Divide the complete recipe into 4 separate meal prep containers like these. Every container will then have 1/4 of the rooster, 1/4 of the potatoes, and so forth
- Add your grains into your meal prep container (if together with), and high together with your rooster and greens
Retailer any leftover one pan honey mustard rooster and greens in an hermetic glass container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Extra rooster recipes you’ll love
Get all of my wholesome rooster recipes right here!
I do know you’re going to like this sheet pan honey mustard rooster recipe. Please let me know should you make it by leaving a remark and score the recipe beneath. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! Take pleasure in – xo.
Sheet Pan Kickin’ Curry Honey Mustard Rooster & Veggies
Scrumptious sheet pan honey mustard rooster baked to perfection with potatoes, carrots, onion and brussels sprouts. You may love the kickin’ curry honey mustard on this unimaginable one pan rooster and greens! An exquisite, wholesome rooster dinner for busy weeknights that is paleo, gluten, grain and dairy free.
- For the rooster and veggies:
boneless skinless rooster thighs
1-inch diced yukon gold or child pink potatoes (or be at liberty to sub candy potatoes)
giant carrots, sliced into ½ inch thick chunks (or use 6 small heirloom rainbow carrots)
yellow onion, lower into chunks
brussels sprouts, lower in half and outer yellow leaves eliminated
- For the kickin’ curry honey mustard:
dijon mustard (I just like the grainy dijon mustard!)
yellow curry powder
- Non-compulsory should you like a bit of warmth: ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly floor salt and LOTS of black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 levels F. Line a big baking sheet or two small baking sheets with parchment paper or foil. Put aside.
Add rooster thighs, potato cubes, carrot chunks, onion chunks and halved brussels sprouts into a big bowl.
In a medium bowl, combine collectively honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, yellow curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Use clear palms or a tong to toss the entire components collectively till effectively mixed and spices and sauce evenly coat the rooster and veggies. Pour onto ready baking sheet (or evenly divide between two baking sheets.) You’ll wish to group the greens as finest as attainable: carrots in a single part, rooster in a single part, potatoes in a single part and brussels and onions in a single part (as indicated within the images). Season with extra salt and pepper. Bake for 25-35 minutes, rotating the pan(s) and stirring greens midway by means of to encourage even cooking. You’ll comprehend it’s accomplished when the carrots and potatoes are fork tender and rooster reaches an inside temperature of 165 levels F.
As soon as rooster and veggies are accomplished cooking, take away from the oven and instantly garnish with recent chopped parsley, if desired. Serve instantly. Serves 4.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (1/4 of the rooster and veggies)
Saturated fats: 4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially printed on March ninth, 2020, and republished on April tenth, 2023.