These colourful masa cookies are chewy on the within and completely candy. They’re impressed by our favourite native Mexican-fusion restaurant, Centro Minneapolis!
Favourite Masa Cookies
You recognize when there’s a sure merchandise on a menu you frequent that you simply order again and again? It’s these masa cookies from Centro in Minneapolis.
These masa cookies are chewy on the within and have a little bit crunch on the skin because of rainbow sprinkles. And, once I say they’re my favourite cookie in Minneapolis, I imply they’re my favourite!
So? Linley got down to make a dupe of those cookies so you might all strive them too! Get pleasure from.
What’s masa harina?
Masa harina is a sort of flour comprised of dried corn kernels. Masa flour is a staple ingredient in Mexican delicacies, and it’s used to make conventional dishes equivalent to tortillas, tamales, and pupusas.
It has a particular taste and texture that’s completely different from different forms of cornmeal or wheat flour. Masa flour is normally accessible within the specialty or worldwide sections of grocery shops or might be bought on-line.
Components You Want
These cookies name for relatively easy substances:
- Masa harina
- Baking powder
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla Egg
What makes these distinctive?
There are a few issues that make these masa cookies additional particular.
- The sprinkles: it wouldn’t be a Centro-dupe with out the rainbow sprinkles. Be happy to jazz these up for any vacation with particular sprinkles! We truly examined these with leftover Halloween sprinkles.
- Masa harina: we’ve already chatted about what masa harina is, but it surely actually makes these additional particular. This flour is barely candy and actually helps with the chewiness of the cookie.
#1 tip for masa cookies!
Refrigeration: Don’t skip the refrigeration portion of the tactic, it helps to hydrate the flour and agency up the dough earlier than baking.
We advocate storing these cookies within the freezer.
- Let your cookies cool fully.
- Switch them again onto a baking sheet and place them within the freezer for 1 hour.
- As soon as partially frozen, switch them right into a gallon-size bag.
- Retailer for as much as 3 months.
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup packed mild brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 massive egg
Ideas & Notes
Don’t skip the refrigeration portion of the tactic, it helps to hydrate the flour and agency up the dough earlier than baking.
Energy: 238kcal Carbohydrates: 39g Protein: 2g Fats: 9g Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 28g
Pictures: pictures taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.