This Cinnamon Raisin Bread is scrumptious, home made goodness. The tender loaf is studded with raisins, chewy oats, and heat cinnamon taste. It’s straightforward to make, freezes nice, and tastes superb!
Scrumptious & Healthful Cinnamon Raisin Bread
There may be nothing on the earth fairly like home made bread.. filling your kitchen with that deliciously yeasty odor because it bakes. I’m fairly certain a thick slice of heat, freshly baked bread slathered with softened butter is likely one of the most satisfyingly divine pleasures on the planet.
This cinnamon raisin bread is so easy to make. The loaf rises up mild and tender, and is studded with smooth raisins and chewy oats. It’s evenly sweetened and each chew is stuffed with heat cinnamon taste. It’s completely scrumptious recent from the oven, made into toast, and even used for sandwiches. Topped with a thick smear of butter or cream cheese, it’s the definition of one among life’s easy pleasures.
Components You Have to Make Cinnamon Raisin Bread:
- Heat Water
- Rolled Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Bread Flour
- Sea Salt
Tips on how to Make Do-it-yourself Cinnamon Raisin Bread:
- Soak the raisins. Place the raisins in a small bowl with a few cup of scorching water. Cowl and permit to sit down for no less than 10 minutes to permit the raisins to plump up.
- Proof the yeast. Within the bowl of a stand mixer, add the nice and cozy water, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and yeast. Let it relaxation for about 5 minutes or till the yeast has fully dissolved and began to bubble.
- Make the dough. Add the remainder of the brown sugar, heat milk, oats, cinnamon, salt, butter and bread flour to the yeast combination. Stir on low for about 1 minute or till the whole lot is mixed. Add the raisins. With the dough hook, knead the combination for 8-10 minutes or till clean and barely cheesy. Add a little bit of flour midway via the knead time if the dough is overly sticky.
- Let the dough rise. Place the dough into a big greased bowl. Cowl evenly and permit to relaxation for about an hour, or till the dough has risen and doubled in measurement.
- Kind the loaf. Place the dough on a evenly floured counter. Form right into a rectangle, then roll the dough as much as kind a loaf. Place in a greased loaf pan.
- Enable the dough to rise once more. Frivolously cowl and permit to rise a second time, or till it has as soon as once more doubled in measurement. In the direction of the tip of the second rise, preheat the oven to 350 levels.
- Bake. Whisk collectively the egg and a tablespoon of water. Brush the highest of the loaf evenly with the egg wash, then place within the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or till golden brown and the loaf sounds hole when evenly tapped. Whether it is browning too rapidly, cowl with foil.
- Get pleasure from! Take away from the oven and permit the bread to chill within the pan for five minutes. Take away from the pan and permit to chill fully on a wire rack earlier than slicing. Baked loaves might be frozen for as much as 3 months when wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Suggestions & Recommendations
Substitutions and Taste Variations
If you happen to’re not a fan of raisins, you possibly can depart them out or substitute dried cranberries or currants. However belief me- the raisins are softened and add only a chew of sweetness. They are surely scrumptious on this bread!
Add nuts! If desired, you possibly can add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to the dough in the direction of the tip of the kneading time.
Punch up the nice and cozy spice taste by including 1/2 teaspoon floor nutmeg to the bread dough.
For a softer crust, brush the loaf with melted butter when it comes out of the oven.
How lengthy does cinnamon raisin bread keep good for?
Leftover bread will keep recent for about 3-4 days if saved in an hermetic container at cool room temperature. For longer storage, retailer within the fridge or freeze for as much as 3 months. You’ll be able to freeze all the loaf, or slice the loaf and freeze. That is nice for those who simply wish to pull out a slice or two for breakfast!
Why isn’t my bread dough rising?
In case your dough isn’t rising it’s most likely as a result of the yeast is outdated, or the water was too scorching and killed the yeast. The perfect temperature is round 100 levels. Whenever you add the sugar and water to the yeast, it’s best to begin to see the combination begin to bubble up and rise. If it hasn’t, throw it out and use recent yeast.
Can I double this cinnamon raisin bread recipe?
Sure! I often prefer to double the recipe. I’ll serve one loaf recent, then freeze the opposite loaf for later. If desired, it’s also possible to form the dough into smaller loaves. These make nice presents through the holidays!
Searching for Extra Bread Recipes?
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
This Cinnamon Raisin Bread is scrumptious, home made goodness. The tender loaf is studded with raisins, chewy oats, and heat cinnamon taste. It is easy to make, freezes nice, and tastes superb!
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 massive egg
- 1 tabespoon chilly water
Put the raisins in a small bowl and canopy them with a cup of scorching water. Let the raisins plump for no less than 10 minutes. Drain and toss with just a few tablespoons of flour to soak up any residual moisture.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer, add 1/3 cup heat water, a teaspoon of brown sugar after which sprinkle the yeast over prime. Give it 4-5 minutes to foam and bubble, then stir to completely dissolve the yeast into the water.
Add the nice and cozy milk, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, softened butter and bread flour to the bowl and blend on low for 1 minute. Add the raisins to the bowl. * (see word) Knead the dough in your mixer on low pace with a dough hook for 8-10 minutes to kind a clean, barely cheesy dough. Verify the dough midway via; if it’s very sticky, add somewhat extra flour.
Pour the dough in a greased bowl and canopy with a clear towel or plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a heat place till doubled in measurement, about an hour.
When the dough has completed rising, form it right into a rectangle, and place it in a evenly greased 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pan. Let the dough rise till it is mounded and appears pillowy, about 1 extra hour. In the direction of the tip of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a small bowl, whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon chilly water collectively. Brush the highest with egg wash. Bake for 40-45 minutes till golden brown. If the highest of the bread is browning too rapidly, place a bit of tin foil excessive for the rest of the bake time.
Take away from the oven and let cool within the pan for five minutes. Take away the loaf from the pan and permit to chill fully earlier than slicing. Baked loaves will also be frozen for as much as three months in an hermetic container.
*If you happen to like small items of raisins, including them in earlier than kneading will break them up and distribute them into very small items via the dough.
Energy: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Trans Fats: 0.05g | Ldl cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.5mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will see that a number of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie