It’s fall and it’s classic AK season, folks! What’s “classic AK?” It’s the place I replace and share tremendous previous Bold Kitchen recipes that you simply most likely have by no means even seen earlier than. These recipes have been (and are) a few of my favs from the archives that I nearly forgot about however remembered how superb they have been.
SO, let’s throw it again to 2014 once I first shared these unimaginable salted brownie cookies (AKA brookies or double chocolate chip cookies). It’s not too usually that you will discover a superb chewy double chocolate cookie. The truth is, in spite of everything of my bakery excursions in several cities, I feel I’ve solely stumbled upon one or two. Most of them have white chocolate chips which is okay, however in the event you’re going to do chocolate then I absolutely imagine it is best to follow the actual stuff.
I keep in mind baking up these cookies nearly 10 years in the past and the way I couldn’t cease sneaking bites of the dough. It tastes like brownie batter and cookie dough had a child. So stuffed with chocolate. Bake these up for the vacations, birthdays, or any time you want a candy deal with this season!
FREE Final Information to Cookie Baking
Enroll under and get a FREE printable e-book with my greatest ideas & methods for baking good cookies each time!
The whole lot you’ll must make these double chocolate chip cookies
The very best half about these brownie cookies just isn’t solely how decadent they style however how simple they’re to make! The chewy exterior and fudgy heart may have you swooning. One other bonus? These solely require 10 elements which you most likely have already got in your cabinets:
- Flour: we’re utilizing common all-purpose flour to present these brownie cookies the feel we’re searching for.
- Cocoa powder: I all the time advocate utilizing unsweetened cocoa powder when baking.
- Coconut oil: a bit coconut oil provides the cookies the proper quantity of moisture (whats up, deliciously chewy) and retains them dairy free!
- Brown sugar: I like to make use of all darkish brown sugar (as an alternative of granulated sugar) for additional wealthy, molasses taste.
- Egg: you’ll want 1 egg to assist them bake up correctly.
- Baking staples: like nearly all baking recipes, you’ll want baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract. Learn to make your individual vanilla right here!
- Espresso: that is elective, however I like so as to add a tiny little bit of espresso powder or on the spot espresso to essentially carry out that darkish chocolate taste.
- Chocolate chips: as a result of they’re double chocolate, in fact! Be at liberty to make use of semi-sweet chocolate chips, dairy-free, or darkish chocolate chips.
- For topping: in the event you love candy and salty flavors collectively like I do, sprinkle the cookies with some fancy, flaky sea salt.
Can I make them vegan or gluten free?
The best way to make good brownie cookies
As I discussed, this brownie cookie recipe couldn’t be simpler! Significantly you’ll be able to whip these up in 20 minutes and also you don’t even want an electrical mixer.
- Combine the dry elements. Whisk collectively the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the moist elements. Utilizing a hand mixer or a stand mixer beat collectively your whole moist elements till good and clean.
- Make the dough. Add the dry elements to the moist and blend till nicely mixed. Fold within the chocolate chips.
- Bake, cool & devour. Roll the dough into small balls utilizing your arms or a cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough balls onto ready baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Use your hand to flatten them barely, then bake till set. Sprinkle with salt, cool, and revel in!
Jazz up these simple brownie cookies
One other factor I wished to inform you guys is how simple it’s to jazz these cookies up. Listed below are some variations to attempt:
- Use darkish chocolate cocoa powder and darkish chocolate chunks or chips
- Chop up your favourite artisan chocolate bar as an alternative of utilizing chocolate chips
- Fold in dried cherries, walnuts, pecans, or pistachios
- Check out peanut butter chips for a cookie that tastes like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup
- Or prime your cookies with my well-known Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
Suggestions for making good double chocolate chip cookies
- Don’t use substitutes. Please you’ll want to comply with the recipe as written until substitutes are famous within the notes part of the recipe. Altering the flour will drastically have an effect on the style and texture of those cookies.
- Be sure that your elements are room temp. You’ll need to ensure that your coconut oil and egg are each at room temperature after you soften the coconut oil in order that they don’t coagulate once you’re making the dough.
- Use recent baking soda. Be sure that your baking soda is recent to make sure that these cookies bake up correctly.
- Measure your flour appropriately. Are you aware one of the simplest ways to measure flour with out a scale? Get my ideas & methods in this video!
Storing & freezing ideas
- To retailer: place these chocolate brownie cookies in an hermetic glass container or reusable silicone bag and maintain them at room temp for as much as 5 days.
- To freeze: you’ll be able to really freeze the cookie or the absolutely baked cookies! Head to this publish for all of my ideas and methods for each strategies.
Extra scrumptious cookie recipes to attempt
Get all of my cookie recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on these chewy double chocolate chip cookies! Should you make them you’ll want to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you favored them. Get pleasure from, xo!
Salted Brownie Cookies
Unbelievable chewy salted brownie cookies with the proper candy and salty, bakery-style taste. These fudgy double chocolate chip cookies are scrumptious straight from the oven or chilled from the fridge! The very best deal with for chocolate lovers.
- 1 cup all objective flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup darkish brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or on the spot espresso, elective
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Whisk collectively flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; put aside.
In a big bowl, beat cooled coconut oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and espresso powder (if utilizing) till creamy and clean; about 1-2 minutes.
Add in flour combination and incorporate till nicely mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
Roll into small dough balls or use a small cookie scoop to drop on a baking sheet and flatten barely with the palm of your hand.
Bake 8-10 minutes. I wish to take mine out at 9 minutes so they continue to be mushy. Sprinkle with sea salt instantly.
Cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes then switch to wire rack to complete cooling. Makes about 16 cookies.
Serving: 1cookieEnergy: 180calCarbohydrates: 13.4gProtein: 2gFats: 10.5gFiber: 1gSugar: 15.1g