These keto protein bars solely take 10 minutes to make and solely require 4 elements.
With over 7g protein and solely 2.6g web carbs per serving, your complete household with love these grab-and-go bars.
Having a batch of keto protein bars prepared has come in useful many occasions. They’re good for a grab-and-go breakfast and an effective way to refuel earlier than or after the health club. Plus, they make the right mid-day snack between meals.
Our complete household has discovered a motive to seize a keto protein bar from the fridge. This recipe is impressed by my Fast Keto Bounty Bar recipe on this web site and my Keto Peanut Butter Fudge.
You solely want 4 elements to make these keto pleasant protein bars.
This is what else you will must whip up one of the best keto protein bars ever!
- keto protein powder – remoted whey, pea, or collagen protein powders are good choices as they’re usually low in carbohydrates, sugar-free, and excessive in protein, making a number of manufacturers keto pleasant.
- almond meal/flour
- peanut butter – use the peanut butter that has the oil on prime. Ensure to combine it properly. The oil within the peanut butter helps the protein bars stick collectively.
- chocolate chips – select a sugar-free possibility or 90% darkish chocolate bars. You will soften these sugar-free chocolate chips and canopy every protein bar with chocolate to make this snack style and seem like the low carb protein bars you’d discover within the shops. This ingredient is non-obligatory however I extremely advocate it!
You will additionally want somewhat water to assist the dough stick collectively.
See the recipe card for measurements.
Making this keto protein bars recipe is a fast and straightforward course of.
First, begin by measuring out the protein powder, almond flour, and peanut butter and putting all of them in a big mixing bowl.
Subsequent, mix the almond flour, peanut butter, and protein powder. It’ll kind a crumbly combination.
Then, combine some water into the dough somewhat at a time till it begins sticking collectively. Watch out to not add an excessive amount of!
Type the dough right into a ball. The dough ought to stick collectively however not be sticky. If the dough will get too sticky, let it sit for a couple of minutes to dry.
Subsequent, roll the dough right into a rectangle between two sheets of parchment paper till it’s about ¼ in thick. Lastly, lower into 24 bars utilizing a pizza cutter.
Trace: Warmth the peanut butter within the microwave to melt it and make it simpler to combine in.
Cowl your protein bar in chocolate
In case you are protecting your keto pleasant protein bar in chocolate, place the bars within the freezer to harden for 10 minutes. This makes it simpler to dip.
Then, soften the chocolate within the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring every time.
Subsequent, dip every protein bar within the melted chocolate and place it on the parchment paper.
Wiggle a fork excessive of every bar when the chocolate remains to be moist. This can make a cute swirl sample. Lastly, chill till the chocolate hardens and luxuriate in!
Must make a substitution to fulfill your or a pal’s dietary wants? No drawback.
Take a look at the checklist under for advisable substitutions for every ingredient.
- Almond Flour – one other nut or seed flour can be utilized rather than almond flour. Sadly, coconut flour is not a correct substitute. This is a whole publish explaining why: coconut flour vs almond flour.
- Peanut Butter – almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and tahini are all nice choices to make use of as a substitute. Simply regulate the web carbs.
- Chocolate Chips – a bar or two of 90% darkish chocolate can be utilized rather than sugar-free chocolate chips. You could want so as to add a teaspoon of coconut oil when melting the chocolate to maintain it from burning.
Remember the fact that any substitutions will change the dietary values listed within the recipe. So, plan accordingly and take a look at to decide on elements which have related protein and carb quantities.
There are eight scrumptious variations under. It is a nice strategy to proceed having fun with these protein bars with out getting uninterested in the identical flavors again and again!
- White Chocolate – Use sugar-free white chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Caramel – Add a layer of sugar- free caramel* over the dough earlier than slicing the bar. Then, freeze the bars to harden the caramel. Lower the bars. Lastly, cowl them in chocolate whereas the caramel remains to be frozen.
- Milk Chocolate – Use sugar-free milk chocolate chips.
- Darkish Chocolate – Use sugar-free darkish chocolate chips.
- Nut-Free – Use seed flour and butter as a substitute of nut butter. Measurements keep the identical.
- Coconut Peanut Butter – Combine some shredded coconut into the dough.
- Spiced – Add a ½ teaspoon cinnamon into the dough to provide it a heat cinnamon taste.
- Simply Peanut Butter – skip the chocolate and depart the protein bars plain.
*See these keto caramel squares on my web site for an excellent sugar-free caramel recipe to make use of.
For those who love a little bit of crunch, we simply added these fast no-bake protein balls too. The crushed macadamia nuts and pumpkin seeds hit the spot.
Fortunately, minimal gear is required to make these keto protein bars.
First, you want parchment paper and a rolling pin to roll out the dough.
Secondly, you will want one thing to chop the dough into bar shapes. A pizza cutter or knife works nice.
Lastly, in case you go for the chocolate-covered variation, you will want a strategy to soften chocolate. The simplest method is to make use of a microwave. Another choice is to make use of the range on low warmth. Watch out utilizing the range, nevertheless, because the chocolate can burn shortly.
Protein bars needs to be positioned in an hermetic container or bag. Retailer them within the fridge or freezer to maintain the chocolate from softening throughout the hotter months.
Protein bars saved within the fridge will keep good for as much as a month.
Frozen protein bars will keep good for as much as 6 months within the freezer.
Pop your peanut butter into the microwave to melt it earlier than mixing it into the almond flour and protein powder. Smooth peanut butter is far simpler to combine in.
These selfmade keto protein bars are alright to eat on keto. Nonetheless, store-bought protein bars aren’t often keto. Many protein bars that declare to be keto authorized truly use synthetic sweeteners that aren’t good for keto. So it’s best to make your personal shortly at house.
Selfmade keto protein bars are ultimate on the keto weight-reduction plan as a result of you’ve gotten management over the elements you employ.
Selfmade protein bars will be cheaper made at house than store-bought. The preliminary funding for elements like protein powder may be greater, however the whole price over time is much less.
Sure, peanut butter is keto-approved. Make sure you learn the elements on the diet label and choose a peanut butter made with solely peanuts, oil, and salt. You don’t need sugars added to the peanut butter.
Remoted whey, pea, or collage protein powders are usually low in carbohydrates, sugar-free, and excessive in protein, making a number of manufacturers keto pleasant. Not all protein powders are keto-friendly, so ensure to learn the ingredient labels and search for sweeteners that aren’t keto.
Please fee this recipe.
4-Ingredient Keto Protein Bars (no-bake recipe)
These keto protein bars solely take 10 minutes to make and solely require 4 elements. With over 7g protein and solely 2.6g web carbs per serving your complete household with love these grab-and-go bars.
Servings: 24 bars
NET carbs: 2.6gEvaluation Recipe Print Pin E mail
Modify servings: 24 bars
Stop your display from going darkish
Mix all of the elements besides the chocolate chips. Combine till you get oily breadcrumbs. Your protein bar dough shall be dry. Add scorching water a spoonful at a time till it goes sticky and varieties a ball.
Roll out the dough between parchment till it is about ¼ inch thick. Lower the dough into 24 slices utilizing a pizza cutter. Pop within the freezer to relax for 10 minutes.
Soften sugar-free chocolate chips then dip every protein bar within the chocolate to coat it if desired.
Wiggle a fork excessive of every bar whereas the chocolate remains to be moist(as a result of nobody could make them clean like store-bought ones). Chill, eat, get pleasure from.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate diet info is offered for comfort and as a courtesy solely. For probably the most correct dietary knowledge, use the precise elements and types you utilized in your most well-liked diet calculator.