Let’s rewind just a few years after I was testing new vacation salad recipes. I made a decision to combine issues up and make an excellent savory, heat salad, and this scrumptious heat brussels sprouts salad with crispy bacon and melty parmesan grew to become a HUGE hit.
The yr after I took a few of the flavors from that unbelievable salad and created these superb white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini! Every chew has a contact of freshness from a lightweight lemon dressing, crunchy brussels sprouts, toasty pistachios, and naturally, loads of melted cheese.
OH and I drizzled each with do-it-yourself sizzling honey as a result of who isn’t all concerning the candy, savory, and spicy combo?!
Check out these enjoyable little crostini for the proper Thanksgiving appetizer, or simply take pleasure in a yummy, veggie-filled snack or lunch any day of the week!
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable guidelines!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Final Thanksgiving Information electronic mail sequence is for everybody. Enter your electronic mail under to get all of my finest recipes, ideas, and a FREE printable guidelines for your entire Thanksgiving wants.
All the things you’ll must make brussels sprouts crostini
Toasty bread, melty cheese, and a kick of veggies? Oh yeah, these may be your new fav technique to eat your greens. Right here’s what you’ll must make these white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini:
- For the brussels: you’ll simply want a pound of brussels sprouts and a bit olive oil for sauteing.
- For the dressing: we’re tossing these brussels in a scrumptious, gentle dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice & zest, pure maple syrup (or honey), dijon mustard, garlic powder, and loads of salt & pepper.
- For the crostini: you’ll want both a French baguette or loaf of Italian bread, plus sharp white cheddar cheese, grated parmesan, and a few chopped, roasted pistachios.
- For the recent honey: do-it-yourself sizzling honey is made simply with honey and a bit sizzling sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper. Really easy!
Customise your crostini
As a result of these tacky brussels sprouts crostini are really easy to make, they’re additionally tremendous straightforward to customise along with your fav elements or issues you’ve available.
- Go additional savory. Add a lift of salty, savory goodness with bacon! Be at liberty to cut up 6-8 slices of cooked bacon and add it to the brussels sprouts combination earlier than topping the crostini.
- Select your nuts. Toasted, chopped hazelnuts would even be scrumptious rather than the pistachios.
- Add a bit sweetness. I believe dried cranberries or dried cherries would even be scrumptious if you need some additional sweetness.
- Strive a brand new cheese. I like the flavour that sharp white cheddar and parmesan give these brussels sprouts crostini, however be happy to make use of any melty cheese you’d like! Gruyere, fontina, a smokey gouda or perhaps a spicy pepper jack can be nice.
Vegan & gluten free choices
Be at liberty to make use of your favourite vegan cheese(s) to maintain the crostini vegan and dairy free, and a gluten free baguette or bread loaf to maintain them gluten free!
Flip your crostini into toasts
These white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini would even be scrumptious as bigger “toasts,” even for a enjoyable, festive lunch! Merely use an Italian bread loaf as a substitute of a baguette and minimize it into 16 slices.
Learn how to make white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini
- Prep your pan. Begin by lining 1-2 giant baking sheets with parchment paper, and unfold the baguette slices on prime.
- Shred the brussels. Subsequent, shred your brussels sprouts utilizing a meals processor or a pointy knife.
- Make the dressing. Combine collectively the entire elements for the dressing and put aside.
- Prepare dinner the brussels. Prepare dinner your brussels with olive oil till they flip barely golden and a bit crispy. Watch out to not burn them. Then flip off the warmth and toss them with the dressing.
- Assemble the crostini. Evenly divide the brussels sprouts combination over every slice of bread. High with cheese and the chopped pistachios, and bake till barely golden.
- Drizzle & serve. Lastly, combine collectively your sizzling honey and drizzle it over every crostini. Serve & take pleasure in!
Prep them forward of time
I wouldn’t suggest absolutely making the brussels sprouts crostini forward of time, however be happy to slice your baguette a day or 2 forward of time, shred the brussels sprouts and prep the dressing. Merely retailer the brussels sprouts and the dressing in separate hermetic containers within the fridge till you’re able to assemble the crostini.
When you’re additional brief on time, merely purchase pre-shredded brussels sprouts from the shop. Straightforward!
These straightforward brussels sprouts crostini are actually finest when loved the day of (and particularly heat), however when you’ve got any leftovers be happy to retailer them within the fridge. Be at liberty to take pleasure in any leftovers chilly, at room temp, or re-warmed within the oven.
Extra scrumptious vacation appetizers
Get all of our superb appetizers right here, and much more Thanksgiving recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on these white cheddar brussels sprouts & pistachio crostini! When you make them you’ll want to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you preferred them. Get pleasure from, xo!
White Cheddar Brussels Sprouts & Pistachio Crostini with Sizzling Honey
Scrumptious white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini with toasty pistachios and a drizzle of sizzling honey. These candy & savory brussels sprouts crostini are straightforward to make, crammed with taste, and the proper appetizer for the vacations! Get pleasure from as-is or add crispy bacon to make them additional particular.
- For the brussels:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, washed, stems eliminated, and roughly chopped/shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon recent lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A number of freshly floor black pepper
- For the crostini:
- 1 loaf french baguette or italian bread, minimize diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar, (plus extra if crucial and also you need them additional tacky!)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted shelled pistachios (toasted chopped hazelnuts would even be fabulous!)
- For the recent honey:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sizzling sauce (or sub a pinch or two of cayenne pepper)
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on prime. When you can’t match all of them, you’ll want to make use of two baking sheets. Put aside.
Shred your brussels sprouts. To avoid wasting time you should purchase them pre-shredded from the shop, too! In any other case, shred the brussels sprouts by utilizing a meals processor with the slicing attachment and pulse till the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. When you don’t have a meals processor, be happy to make use of a pointy knife to thinly slice.
Make the dressing for the brussels sprouts and put aside: in a small bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. This received’t seem to be a lot, however it’s simply sufficient to provide the brussels some scrumptious tang and taste!
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a big skillet and place over medium excessive warmth. Stir in brussels sprouts and saute for a couple of minutes till they begin to grow to be barely golden brown and a bit crispy; don’t burn them although. Flip off the warmth and instantly toss with the dressing.
Evenly divide brussels sprouts combination over the slices of bread. Then prime with shredded white cheddar, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and the chopped pistachios. Bake for 8-10 minutes or till the cheese is melted and the sides of crostini are barely golden.
Make the recent honey: add honey and sizzling sauce to a small bowl, microwave for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle honey over the crostini. Serve instantly. Makes roughly 18-20 crostini or 16 slices of italian kind of bread!
Serving: 1crostini (primarily based on 20)Energy: 110calCarbohydrates: 11.1gProtein: 5.1gFats: 5.4gSaturated Fats: 2.4gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 2.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially revealed on November twenty third, 2021, and republished on October twenty third, 2023.