If you happen to comply with me on Instagram you could have caught a bit sneak peek of this recipe a couple of weeks again. Okay, it was truthfully SO good that I knew we needed to put it on the weblog.
This tomato basil baked orzo is made in a single pan with tremendous easy components and would possibly simply be your new favourite weeknight dinner. I initially made it with my fav model of tuna and all of my boys (Tony included) devoured all of it up.
I imply, tender pasta, saucy goodness, contemporary basil, and melty cheese — what extra may you ask for? I feel it will be great with any of your fav proteins combined in, so you should definitely scroll by means of and get some inspo. Prepare dinner this stunning one pan baked orzo up ASAP and luxuriate in!
All the things you’ll must make this tomato basil baked orzo
This straightforward dinner is actually a type of clean-out-the-fridge meals which you could come again to time and time once more. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Produce: we’re including stunning cherry tomatoes, an onion, and garlic. You’ll additionally get an additional enhance of veggies by stirring in 2 full cups of spinach!
- Olive oil: you’ll want a bit olive oil to prepare dinner down the veggies.
- Sauce: be at liberty to make use of your favourite retailer purchased basil pesto and tomato basil sauce on this recipe. If you happen to’re feeling adventurous, attempt my Cilantro Pistachio Pesto and my Selfmade Tomato Sauce!
- Orzo: this baked orzo recipe, after all, wants orzo! You’ll prepare dinner it proper in the identical pan with the sauces and a bit water or broth.
- Herbs & spices: you’ll want salt, Italian seasoning, and contemporary basil for garnishing.
- Cheese: can’t neglect about that gooey cheese! We’re mixing shredded mozzarella proper into the pasta after which including extra on high to get good and melted.
Add your favourite protein
After I first made this baked orzo I stirred in a can of my favourite tuna to provide it a scrumptious enhance of protein. The kiddos nonetheless devoured it up! This recipe would even be good with:
- Cooked, cubed or shredded rooster (a good way to make use of up leftover rotisserie rooster!)
- Floor Italian pork or turkey sausage
- Sliced rooster sausage
- A can of your favourite tuna!
Merely prepare dinner your protein of alternative and stir it in after you fold within the orzo.
Can I make it gluten free?
Positive! Merely use gluten free orzo or your favourite gluten free quick pasta. Straightforward!
Together with the tomatoes and spinach, you might additionally add tons of various greens to actually make this dish your personal. Be happy to prepare dinner some bell pepper, zucchini, and even mushrooms with the tomatoes and luxuriate in a veggie-packed pasta!
One pan baked orzo in 5 straightforward steps
- Make the sauce. Begin by cooking down the onion, tomatoes, and garlic in a bit olive oil and salt till the tomatoes break down. Stir within the spinach, pesto, tomato sauce, and broth or water.
- Bake the pasta. Stir the orzo proper into the pan with extra salt and Italian seasoning, plus any additional protein in case you’d like, then bake all of it at 400 levels till the liquid is usually absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Cheese it up. Take away the pan from the oven, stir in half of the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on high and bake the pasta once more till the cheese is melted. End it below the broiler for a few minutes to get good and golden brown.
- Garnish & serve. Lastly, high the dish with contemporary basil and crimson pepper flakes and devour!
You may retailer any leftover home made hamburger helper in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Merely reheat within the microwave.
Extra pasta recipes you’ll love
Get all of my pasta recipes right here!
I hope you like this one pan tomato basil baked orzo! If you happen to make it you should definitely depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo!
One Pan Tomato Basil Baked Orzo
Cozy one pan tomato basil baked orzo made with attractive burst cherry tomatoes, basil pesto, and layers of mozzarella cheese. This straightforward baked orzo recipe is great by itself and scrumptious together with your fav proteins combined proper in. Child-friendly and ideal for busy weeknights!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup basil pesto (store-bought or home made)
- 1 cup tomato basil sauce (or your favourite pasta sauce)
- 2 ½ cups water or broth
- 1 pound orzo
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Contemporary julienned basil, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a big oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium warmth. Add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, and salt and saute till tomatoes start to interrupt down and launch their juices, 10 minutes. Stir within the spinach, pesto, tomato basil sauce, water/broth and blend till nicely mixed. Subsequent, add the orzo, salt, and italian seasoning and stir till nicely mixed.
Bake uncovered till the liquid is usually absorbed and pasta is cooked although, 10 to 12 minutes.
Take away from the oven and stir ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese into the orzo. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese on high. Place the skillet again within the oven and bake till the cheese is melted, 5 minutes. Change oven to the broiler, and broil till the cheese is barely golden in locations, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with contemporary basil and crimson pepper flakes, if desired.
See the complete submit for suggestions, methods, and methods so as to add your favourite proteins!
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 430calCarbohydrates: 52.8gProtein: 16.9gFats: 18gSaturated Fats: 7.3gFiber: 10.7gSugar: 7.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats