I needed to re-share an epic one pan meal that may be described in two phrases: rattling scrumptious. YES, we’re making unbelievable meatballs with an out-of-this-world superb sauce. These hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce are crammed with great flavors from curry powder, contemporary ginger, pink chili paste, coconut milk, peanut butter, and naturally, pumpkin.
They remind me of my well-known ginger hen meatballs in peanut sauce however with an excellent distinctive, flavorful fall twist that you simply’re going to like.
Should you’ve already been cooking or baking up a storm with pumpkin puree (selfmade is the very best!) this meatball recipe is the right approach to make use of up the remainder of the can or jar that you’ve got. It’s Monday and it’s the right day to meal prep these infants to take pleasure in all week lengthy. I’ve included the very best sides to serve these meatballs with so make sure to scroll by means of and decide your favorites within the submit.
FREE Pumpkin Recipe E-Guide
Join under and get a FREE printable e-book with my finest candy and savory pumpkin recipes straight to your inbox!
Every little thing you’ll must make hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce
Not solely is that creamy pumpkin coconut curry sauce completely dreamy, however the hen meatballs themselves are packing the flavour. Right here’s every little thing you’ll must make this one pan meal:
- Hen: we’re utilizing some lean floor hen as the bottom for the meatballs. Be happy to make use of floor turkey if that’s what you will have readily available!
- Egg: you’ll want 1 egg to assist bind the meatballs.
- Panko breadcrumbs: utilizing breadcrumbs additionally helps the meatballs stick collectively nicely. See under for gluten free choices!
- Combine-ins: so as to add taste to the meatballs we’ll combine them with a bit of brown sugar, some pink chili paste, cilantro, inexperienced onion, garlic, freshly grated ginger, floor turmeric, and loads of salt and pepper.
- For the sauce: this pumpkin coconut curry sauce is every little thing. To make it you’ll want a can of mild coconut milk, pumpkin puree (canned or selfmade utilizing this tutorial!), pure peanut butter (Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ to get 15% off my favourite model, Wild Associates), low sodium soy sauce and yellow curry powder. You’ll solely want 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree, so this recipe is ideal for utilizing up additional pumpkin you might need leftover from making a unique pumpkin recipe.
- Veggies: gotta have a lift of veggies! You’ll combine in carrot, bell pepper, and a few frozen peas.
- To garnish: I like topping this dish with contemporary cilantro, chopped peanuts, and scallions.
Can I make them with out breadcrumbs?
Yep! Should you’re attempting to maintain these pumpkin curry hen meatballs gluten free, be happy to make use of your fav gluten free breadcrumbs. In any other case, you may merely use 2-3 tablespoons of coconut flour within the meatball combination. I like to recommend beginning with 2 tablespoons and including from there if wanted to form the meatballs.
How you can make hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce
That’s proper, we’re cooking the meatballs proper within the sauce to provide them additional taste and really make this a one pan meal.
- Combine the meatballs. Begin by including the entire meatball substances to a big bowl and mixing them along with cleans arms. You’ll need to type round 16 golf ball sized meatballs.
- Brown them. Earlier than totally cooking the meatballs within the sauce, you’ll need to brown them in a skillet in a bit of sesame oil in order that they get these good brown, crispier edges that present taste.
- Combine the sauce. Take away the meatballs out of your skillet, cut back the warmth to medium-low and stir in the entire substances for the pumpkin coconut curry sauce.
- Add the meatballs & veggies. Stir within the sliced carrots, then add your meatballs again to the skillet with the sauce and produce every little thing to a simmer. Cowl the pan, cut back the warmth to low and let the meatballs prepare dinner for 15-20 minutes.
- End with veggies & serve. After the meatballs are totally cooked, stir within the pink bell pepper and peas and simmer for simply 5 minutes extra in order that they don’t get mushy. Then serve with a few of our fav sides under! I like to garnish with chopped honey roasted peanuts, scallions and cilantro as nicely.
What to serve with these meatballs
You’ll have loads of scrumptious pumpkin curry sauce as soon as the meatballs are cooked, so add one in every of our fav sides:
Make-ahead hen meatballs
You may simply prep these hen meatballs 1-2 days forward of time so that every one you need to do is brown them and simmer them within the sauce. Merely combine and type the meatballs, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tightly cowl the meatballs with plastic wrap and place them within the fridge till you might be able to prepare dinner them.
Should you’re going to meal prep these hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce, I like to recommend storing them in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days. Sure, you may retailer them with the sauce and even with rice in the event you’d like! To reheat merely place your meatballs and sauce within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Two methods to freeze these meatballs
- Bake first, then freeze: merely place your hen meatballs and the pumpkin curry sauce in a freezer protected, hermetic container or bag and freeze all of it for as much as 3 months. Once you’re able to take pleasure in, let your container of meatballs and sauce thaw within the fridge for a couple of hours or in a single day, after which empty the contents right into a pan on the stovetop. Warmth them in your pan till they’re good and heat, after which serve!
- Freeze earlier than baking: you can even freeze these meatballs earlier than cooking them! Kind your meatballs as instructed, place them on a baking sheet, and put them within the freezer for 1-2 hours. Then, switch your frozen meatballs to an hermetic, freezer-friendly bag or container and place them within the freezer for as much as 3 months. To thaw them, merely place them within the fridge for a couple of hours or in a single day after which prepare dinner them as directed within the recipe.
Extra methods to make use of pumpkin puree
Bear in mind to get all of my suggestions, tips and directions for making selfmade pumpkin puree right here, then use it in these scrumptious recipes.
Get all of our pumpkin recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on these one pan hen meatballs in pumpkin curry sauce! Should you make them make sure to depart a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated them. Get pleasure from, xo!
Oh So Good Hen Meatballs in Pumpkin Coconut Curry Sauce
Oh so good one pan hen meatballs simmered in a beautiful pumpkin curry sauce. You will LOVE the superb flavors from coconut milk, pumpkin puree, cozy spices, and a bit of pure creamy peanut butter. The right weeknight dinner that is scrumptious with coconut rice, brown rice, or rice noodles!
- For the meatballs:
- 1 pound lean floor hen or turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs, gluten free if desired
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tablespoon pink chili paste
- ⅓ cup finely diced cilantro
- ¼ cup finely diced inexperienced onion (or sub pink onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon contemporary grated ginger (or sub ½ teaspoon floor ginger)
- 1 teaspoon floor turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 giant carrot, sliced
- 1 pink bell pepper, reduce into chunks or julienned
- ½ cup frozen peas
- To garnish:
- Chopped peanuts
- Optionally available for serving:
- Coconut rice
- Brown rice
- Or rice noodles
In a big bowl, add the bottom hen, egg, breadcrumbs, brown sugar, pink chili paste, cilantro, inexperienced onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper. Use clear arms to combine and type into 16 golf ball sized meatballs.
Place a big deep skillet over medium-high warmth and add in sesame oil. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 5-6 minutes complete. It's possible you'll want to do that in batches, relying on what number of meatballs you may slot in your skillet with out overcrowding them. When the meatballs are accomplished browning, switch them to a plate and put aside.
Cut back the warmth to medium-low and add within the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, soy sauce and yellow curry powder; whisk collectively till nicely mixed. Add in carrots, then add the meatballs again in and produce to a simmer. Cowl the pan, cut back warmth to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
After quarter-hour, take away the lid and gently stir within the pink bell pepper and peas. Simmer for five extra minutes uncovered. Serve with my coconut rice or brown rice, rice noodles, quinoa or with spiralized zucchini or candy potato. There can be a number of sauce, which makes it scrumptious! Garnish with chopped honey-roasted peanuts, scallions, and cilantro. Serves 4.
Serving: 1serving (with out rice)Energy: 380calCarbohydrates: 22.4gProtein: 29.7gFats: 20.1gSaturated Fats: 8.5gFiber: 5.1gSugar: 8.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially revealed on October 4th, 2021, and republished on October twenty fifth, 2023.