This high-protein pumpkin cheesecake is a scrumptious fall deal with that packs a excessive protein punch. We substituted cottage cheese for cream cheese in our cheesecake for a more healthy choice that (dare we are saying) is even higher in style in comparison with conventional cheesecake?! Plus, it has a brown sugar swiss meringue. I imply, come on.
The cottage cheese craze is right here to remain and we’re so excited to introduce you to this high-protein pumpkin cheesecake recipe as a result of, sure, it’s made with cottage cheese (no cream cheese concerned!) and has 12g protein/serving.
Along with cottage cheese, it’s made with traditional cheesecake elements and a fundamental graham cracker crust. We examined this recipe a handful of occasions and located a number of vital steps you don’t need to miss:
- Make sure that to totally whip the cottage cheese to insure no lumps.
- Bake the cheesecake in a water tub in order that it steams and bakes evenly. We discovered that should you skip this step, your cheesecake will probably crack.
- Let the cheesecake absolutely chill and set earlier than slicing. If you happen to don’t let it set, the cheesecake might be too heat to slice.
What You Want for Cottage Cheese Pumpkin Cheesecake?
- Graham cracker sheets: a traditional cheesecake crust that goes excellently with the pumpkin taste.
- Cottage cheese: the key ingredient of this recipe, cottage cheese makes this cheesecake high-protein and tremendous wealthy and creamy.
- Unsweetened pumpkin puree: we used actual pumpkin to present this cheesecake that genuine pumpkin taste.
- Maple syrup: maple syrup and pumpkin go hand in hand. Fall flavors unite!
- Pumpkin pie spice: pumpkin pie spice takes the pumpkin flavors to a complete new degree.
Kitchen Instruments Wanted
- 9-inch spring kind pan: ensure you have the right sized pan for even cooking. We additionally examined this in a traditional 9-inch round pan and it’s undoubtedly vital you utilize a spring-form in order that it removes out of the pan simply.
- Excessive-speed meals processor: it will be certain that your graham cracker crust and cheesecake filling have the right texture.
- Stand mixer: you’ll want a stand mixer to make your brown sugar swiss meringue.
- Kitchen torch: that is completely elective, however it provides the right of entirety to the presentation of your cheesecake.
Variations and Substitutions
Graham crackers: Swap up the flavour profile of your pumpkin cheesecake crust and use Oreos, shortbread cookies, Nilla wafers, or Biscoff cookies.
Cottage cheese: Cream cheese and ricotta cheese are nice substitutes for cottage cheese. Simply word that the style and texture will differ barely.
Maple syrup: Honey is one other nice pure sweetener you need to use for this recipe that tastes scrumptious with pumpkin!
All-purpose flour: You’re welcome to make use of different varieties of flour like almond flour, rice flour, or coconut flour.
What’s the distinction between cream cheese and cottage cheese in cheesecake?
Cottage cheese and cream cheese are each constructed from milk and have the same texture, however there are some key variations that set them aside.
For example, cream cheese is larger in fats content material in comparison with cottage cheese, whereas cottage cheese is larger in protein.
When it comes to style, cream cheese and cottage cheese each have a gentle and barely tangy taste and are each thought of nice choices when making cheesecake.
Storage + Freezer Instructions
Retailer any leftover pumpkin cheesecake in an hermetic container within the fridge for 4 to five days.
To freeze, place the cheesecake in a freezer-safe, hermetic container or bag and retailer within the freezer for two to three months.
Tips on how to High Your Pumpkin Cheesecake
We beloved serving this with a home made brown sugar meringue as a result of it’s distinctive and completely enhances this cheesecake.
If you happen to’re quick on time, you possibly can at all times simply high the sliced items with home made whipped cream or store-bought whipped cream.
If you happen to’re not right into a whipped topping, serving this a la mode can be an awesome concept!
Excessive-Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake
Swap the cream cheese for cottage cheese for a high-protein tackle pumpkin cheesecake! You may love all of the traditional flavors (together with a graham cracker crust) and a meringue topping.
Prep:6 hours 30 minutes
Cook dinner:1 hour
Complete:7 hours 30 minutes
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- ½ teaspoon floor cardamom
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Brown Sugar Swiss Meringue
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a 9-inch spring kind pan with cooking spray.
Put together the crust. Place all the elements for the crust into the meals processor and course of till it turns into crumbs.
Pour the crumbs into the pie crust and press the crumbs firmly into the underside of the pan in addition to up the edges.
Bake for 7 minutes. Take away and put aside to chill.
Put together the pumpkin cheesecake filling. Course of the cottage cheese in a high-speed meals processor for 4-5 minutes till utterly easy and frothy.
Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and flour and course of till mixed. Add the eggs and blend once more till the eggs are integrated. Watch out to not overmix the batter when the eggs are added.
Place the crust on a baking sheet with an edge. Rigorously pour the pumpkin filling into the cooled crust.
Switch the baking sheet into the oven after which pour water onto the baking sheet in order that the pie dish is about ¾ of the way in which within the water. Bake for 60 minutes or till the pumpkin filling is jiggly.
Open the oven and switch off the warmth. Let the cheesecake cool within the oven for 20 minutes earlier than eradicating it from the oven.
Let the cheesecake cool utterly earlier than storing it within the fridge to set for at the least 6 hours or in a single day.
Proper earlier than serving the cheesecake, put together the Swiss meringue.
Place the egg whites and brown sugar right into a glass bowl and stir to mix.
Deliver a saucepan with 2-3 inches of water to a simmer. Place the bowl with the egg and sugar on high of the saucepan. It is necessary that the water isn’t touching the bowl.
Stirring typically, dissolve the brown sugar into the egg whites. This could take about 3 minutes. Check to see if the brown sugar is dissolved by dipping a finger into the egg whites and rubbing it between two fingers. You shouldn’t really feel any sugar.
Take away the bowl from the saucepan and switch the egg whites into the bowl of the stand mixer. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Combine on low for 1 minute. Then enhance the velocity to medium till stiff peaks kind. About 3-4 minutes.
Switch the meringue to the highest of the cheesecake leaving a ½-inch border on the surface.
As soon as the meringue has been added to the cheesecake, calmly toast the highest of the meringue with a kitchen torch.
Take away from springform pan and serve.
Suggestions & Notes
- Water tub: ensure that to not skip this half as it is going to forestall cracks on the highest of your cheesecake.
- Make sure that to course of the cottage cheese till there are not any lumps.
Energy: 333kcal Carbohydrates: 48g Protein: 12g Fats: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 35g