This Cranberry Turkey Sandwich is topped with an herby cream cheese unfold and a candy and tangy cranberry sauce- it’s a scrumptious twist on the traditional sandwich and an effective way to make use of up leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
A Deliciously Herby, Candy & Tangy Turkey Sandwich
This wonderful Cranberry Turkey Sandwich will rival something you may get at your native bistro! Stacked excessive with sliced turkey, havarti cheese, crispy lettuce, candy and tangy cranberry sauce and a easy home made herbed cream cheese. It’s so flavorful and a improbable approach to make use of up leftover turkey.
Components You’ll Must Make This Cranberry Turkey Sandwich:
- Sliced Turkey– We used deli turkey. It’s additionally scrumptious with leftover roasted turkey or rotisserie hen.
- Hearty Bread– We used a sturdy wheat bread. Due to the substances on this sandwich, you’ll wish to use hearty bread right here.
- Cranberry Sauce– We used canned cranberry sauce right here, however I’ve additionally used my home made cranberry sauce.
- Havarti Cheese– Havarti is a scrumptious easy and creamy cheese. Different good choices could be provolone cheese, Brie, Swiss cheese, or sliced Gouda.
- Lettuce– We used a inexperienced leaf lettuce. Romaine, arugula, or spinach are additionally good choices!
- Cream Cheese– We used a full fats cream cheese. Neufchatel cheese and even Greek yogurt would work right here.
- Chives– Contemporary chives brings an herby, scrumptious delicate onion taste. Inexperienced onions additionally work, or dried chives in a pinch.
- Poultry Seasoning– Poultry seasoning is a superb mix of spices that provides this sandwich a Thanksgiving aptitude. In case you don’t have this you possibly can add a touch of dried thyme, sage, and rosemary.
- Salt & Black Pepper– Add to season.
Easy methods to Make a Turkey Cranberry Sandwich:
- Make the herbed cream cheese. In a small bowl, combine collectively the softened cream cheese, minced chives, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Unfold a layer of cream cheese on every slice of bread. High half of them with a slice of havarti cheese, lettuce, sliced turkey, and cranberry sauce. High with the opposite slice of bread.
- Serve. Slice in half if desired. Take pleasure in!
Suggestions & Solutions
This sandwich makes a scrumptious toasted sandwich! Once I do that, I miss the lettuce. Unfold the surface of the sandwich with softened butter or mayo. Use a panini press or skillet over medium warmth to toast the sandwiches till golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Variations and Substitions:
- Use leftover turkey, leftover hen, or rotisserie hen as an alternative of deli turkey.
- Add thinly sliced purple onions or tomatoes.
- Utilizing up Thanksgiving leftovers? Leftover stuffing is scrumptious on this sandwich.
This sandwich is finest when loved instantly. If there are leftovers, take away the lettuce and wrap in plastic wrap or place in an hermetic container within the fridge. It would final 1-2 days.
On the lookout for Extra Sandwich Recipes?
Cranberry Turkey Sandwich
This Cranberry Turkey Sandwich is topped with an herby cream cheese unfold and a candy and tangy cranberry sauce- it is a scrumptious twist on the traditional sandwich and an effective way to make use of up leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices bread hearty bread is finest
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 4 leaves inexperienced leaf lettuce
- 1 pound sliced leftover turkey
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
In a small bowl, combine collectively cream cheese, chives, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Unfold the cream cheese combination evenly between 4 slices of bread.
High the bread slice with cream cheese with one slice of havarti cheese, a lettuce leaf, turkey after which cranberry sauce. High with the opposite slice of bread.
Lower in half and revel in!
Energy: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 39g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 1050mg | Potassium: 429mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1554IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 3mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll find a lot of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie