This simple vegan, gluten-free Apple Raisin Crimson Cabbage Slaw options hearty crimson cabbage as the important thing ingredient. In season all 12 months lengthy, shiny crimson cabbage is full of cancer-fighting compounds known as anthocyanins, that are accountable for its vivid purple shade. This recipe can also be stuffed with fiber, nutritional vitamins and minerals. Paired with apples, sunflower seeds, raisins, cilantro, and a zesty house-made smoky lemon cumin French dressing, this salad is the right accompaniment for any meal, comparable to veggie burgers, tacos, burritos, pizza, chili, and stew. Do that slaw with my Vegan Sloppy Joes as an excellent accompaniment! Plus it’s the right crimson cabbage slaw for tacos! It doesn’t damage that the colours are completely beautiful on this wholesome, scrumptious slaw, too! Plus, this budget-friendly, seasonal salad shops effectively within the fridge for just a few days. My household loves this crimson cabbage slaw recipe, which is simply full of taste, aroma, crunch, and diet energy. Pack it up to your lunchbox the day after you serve it, and also you’ll be pleasantly shocked at lunch time at how effectively it retains. And it’s 100% pure plant-based (vegan), gluten-free deliciousness, making it a superb match for everybody at your eating desk—younger and previous alike.
Should you’re in a rush, you may flip to pre-shredded cabbage to make this recipe in just some minutes. Attempt swapping out just a few components to alter this recipe up, comparable to almonds or walnuts as a substitute of the sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries or chopped dates as a substitute of the raisins. I completely love this nutritious, gentle, daring salad, and I’m positive it will likely be a winner in your kitchen too. Take it to your subsequent potluck and watch it disappear!
Whip up a straightforward, wholesome scrumptious Apple Raisin Crimson Cabbage Slaw recipe by shredding crimson cabbage and apples and tossing in sunflower seeds, raisins and a smoky lemon cumin French dressing. Excellent for crimson cabbage slaw for tacos!
- 8 ounces (about 4 cups) coarsely shredded or shaved crimson cabbage
1 massive apple, unpeeled, cored, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup chopped contemporary cilantro
- ½ cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
Smoky Lemon Cumin French dressing:
- 1 ½ tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optionally available)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optionally available)
- Toss collectively cabbage, apple, cilantro, raisins and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl.
- To make Smoky Lemon Cumin French dressing: Whisk collectively oil, lemon juice, agave nectar (optionally available), cumin, garlic, smoked paprika, and salt (optionally available) in a small bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss effectively.
- Serve instantly. Refrigerate leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
Make this recipe rapidly and simply utilizing a meals processor to shred or shave cabbage or apples.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 128
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Fats: 7 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
Key phrases: crimson cabbage slaw, crimson cabbage slaw recipe, crimson cabbage slaw for tacos
For different plant-based salads, take a look at a few of my favorites:
Arugula Salad with Tomatoes
Radish Salad with Cantaloupe and Pumpkin Seeds
Blueberry Wheatberry Salad with Turmeric French dressing
Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad
Crimson Plum Wheat Berry Salad
Inexperienced Bean Chickpea Salad with Za’atar
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Vegan Feta and Balsamic French dressing
This put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.